What to do if you find a snake in your home
- If the snake is in your home please don’t try and catch it yourself. Remove all children and pets from the room and call an experienced snake catcher to help you out.
- Please don’t assume you know what type of snake you are dealing with, even the most experienced wildlife carers can get this wrong. Only an experienced, licenced snake catcher should be trusted to identify a snake.
- If the snake is in your roof or in your yard the best advice is to leave it alone!
- Snakes have a very important role to play, and they will keep the mice and rats away!
- Snakes are very territorial animals so chances are if you remove one another will return in its place.
- Finally, these beautiful animals are not vicious; they will only bite if they feel threatened so keep your pets and children away from the snake until it has moved on.
The list below contains only licensed contractors who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These contractors have no association with Currumbin Wildlife Hospital, the list is provided only as a service to the public. Any feedback on the performance of these contractors can be provided direct to the Hospital and will be greatly appreciated.
Please note that these contractors usually charge a fee for their service.
|Organisation Name||Contact Number||Email/ Website||Area Serviced|
|Dean Thompson Wildcare member||0406 623 email@example.com||QLD Only|
|Mark Biegemann||0434 812 firstname.lastname@example.org||QLD Only|
|Sue Johnson||0428 771 223
|Michael Dickenson||0413 602 email@example.com||QLD and NSW|
|Trevor Chivers||0414 888 436||NSW only|
|Matt Hingley||0457 350 820||QLD only|
|Graham Lloyd||0409 272 247||www.wildlifeservices.com.au||NSW only|
|Tony Harrison||0401 263 firstname.lastname@example.org||QLD only|
|Pesky Possums||1300 767 786||www.peskypossum.com.au