This is Major, a Major Skink from Springbrook who was admitted to the Currumbin Wildlife Hospital entrapped in a bottle of strawberry flavoured vitamin tablets!
Major was delicately removed from the container by one of our veterinarians and luckily he was unharmed. This is a very good example of the devastation that our native wildlife experience from litter not being disposed of thoughtfully. If Major was not brought to our wildlife hospital by a concerned member of the public he almost certainly would not have survived.
Major has now been released back into the wild and hopefully he has no further issues with discarded rubbish. Please remember to always pick up after yourself when outdoors and help to keep our beautiful wildlife safe.